Our 30th episode goes not with a bang, but a whimper…well, more like a throaty groan really. It’s kind of a “come hither” thing…
This time on Self-Critical Hits we give some brief mini-reviews of The Dark Knight Rises (The Panther doth recommend) and Marvel RPG, with some talk of how the latter stacks up to our one other experience with the Cortex system (the Battlestar RPG) and its flexibility, hackability, and Avatarability.
We also talk up the Raygun Lounge Kickstarter (which, seriously, why haven’t you backed it yet?!), and get into a little bit of what we’re excited for at PAX 2012. This includes David enthusiastically gushing over the Blackwater video game. Doesn’t he realize that’s exactly what The Man wants?!
Hosts: David, Kaycee, Miles
Notes & Links:
- Unnecessary link of the episode: The Dark Knight Rises
- Marvel Heroic Roleplaying(!)
- The Raygun Lounge – Kickstart this place, then drink in it!
- The PAX Pink Party!
- Indie/Story Games at PAX – Details to come!
- The Games: Skyrim: Dawnguard, Assassin’s Creed 3, Haunted (not free, I lied!), Steel Battalion, Blackwater (not linking to this one, lest they come for my librul ass!), Battlestar RPG