This time it’s all about how to get the most roleplaying juice out of your characters – strategies for building and playing characters that help you get to the super-fulfilling and awesome RP experience. We talk about what has worked for us, and some things that have kept us from ‘getting into character’ in the past.
Also included: curmudgeonly grousing about there being TOO MANY nerdy conventions to attend in Seattle, failed visual gags, and real live conflict within the party of hosts!
Also, also: If you have anything that you’d like us to talk about, or even if you just think we’re spectacularly wrong about something, let us know in the comments! We’d love to hear from anyone and everyone who listens to this business!
Self-Critical Hits Episode 005 – The Veiny Hammer Play In New Window
Hosts: Tori, Ken, David, Jason, Miles, Pat, James
Notes & Links:
- The Battlestar Galactica Exhibit at SFM/EMP in Seattle until March!
- Harry Potter Exhibit at Pacific Science Center
- Quidditch World Cup 2010
- The LARP documentary of the week for us: Monster Camp
- The LARP in question: Nero
- Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!
- Splice, the BRILLIANT AWESOME GREAT EXCELLENT (I may be overstating this) sci-fi/horror movie that Ken totally hated
- The Seattle cons we love: PAX Prime, GoPlay Northwest, Steamcon, Zombcon, Emerald City Comiccon, Norwescon, Sakuracon
- um…Tanya’s Island
- The much discussed Burning Wheel campaign: Sibling Rivalry
- The Walking Eye Podcast…these guys are brilliant and wonderful. Actual play, solid interviews, great discussion. Get stoked.
- The games: Fate 3.0/Spirit of the Century, Fiasco, Burning Wheel, Dogs in the Vineyard, D&D 3.x, Call of Cthulhu, old World of Darkness, Mekton, Runequest